Saturday 29 November 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

So, the first snow of the year (well, we passed through some snow in the swiss alps, but the first snow of the year here) fell two days ago, on November 27th, which happens to be Thanksgiving, which also happens to be my birthday. So, there was a dusting of snow then. Yesterday, though, it snowed maybe three inches or so, and I started a snowman, got tired of it, and moved onto a snow fort. Which didn't get finished either. Ah well. The snow's melting right now, but maybe it will snow again later.

The Christmas tree has been up since Tuesday, and we're all ready for Christmas to come. Most of my presents for people are going to be knitted or crocheted this year, but some are store bought. Next weekend we're going down to Oregon for my Grandpa's seventieth birthday, which means that I really really need to finish his birthday scarf. Oh well, it's an eight hour drive, so I'll have plenty of time. The scarf is knitted in Red Heart Soft Yarn, in a wine red colorway. About five inches from the end there's a one inch black stripe, and there will be the same on the other end. The stitch pattern is pretty basic - just k2 p1. Its called "squishy scarf", I think? I don't know.

No comments: